Sled transport from Salt Lake to Central Wisconsin

triton

I am looking for someone or a company to pick my Summit up in Salt Lake City and get it somewhat close to Central Wisconsin. Anyone interested or know of anyone.. a company???

Thanks in advance,

Triton

blutooth

Try over on Snowest. There is always talk about people moving sleds back and forth. Someone over there will probably be able to get it to MN at least.

Good luck!

Blutooth

zrjes

You can try here: http://www.uship.com/

To be cost effective you really would need to sneek it on an LTL truckers load. I am sure Salt Lake City to Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee, etc....

Best of luck!

Stack

If you ship LTL, make sure it is packaged in a crate and completely enclosed. The LTL (less than truckload shipment) companies aren't too gentle with their freight, and don't be surprised if there are holes in your crate when you get it from forklift forks puncturing your packaging. Needless to say, buy extra insurance if you ship this way. If there is damage, the trucking companies will deny your claim, citing "improper packaging."

mccaleb

Triton, I may go to Western Colorado Nov 2 to pick up a small snocat. Do you have any way to get it to Grand Junction for pick up then I can deliver to your house on my way to Minoqua. I won't know until mid week next week if the deal happens.
E-mail me.
Sean

dognvenus

Triton,
My wife and I are truckdrivers and deliver to SLC on Thursday am's. We come back thru Chicago on Friday afternoon. Let us know if we can help you out...we have a nearly m-t trailer on the way back. Dawg

jake

dognvenus:

I don't mean to hijack Triton's thread, but do you happen to go as far west as Seattle? If so, how can I get a hold of you?

Jake.

lofsfire

I will vouch for dognvenus! Their great people!

Not to change the subject to much but I was able to meet dognvenus three years ago on this site by asking a random question about snowcoaches. The following winter we happened to be in Gaylord at the same time and met up and did some riding. Well they did more riding than I did that day. I had a stuck thermostat which took my sled out of riding order. But we did have a great dinner up at the Big Buck. Then last year took my oldest son over to the South Bend Trail for a day ride with them and their nephew. The kids had a great time and so did we!

chad66

Sounds like dognvenus will be your best way to go but if for some reason it doesn't work out I've had good luck with www.haulbikes.com they pretty much just haul motorized vehicles and dont require you to crate it or drain the gas. You can drive in and drive out.

Chad@M&M

dognvenus

Jason (aka LOFSFIFE),
Thanks for the kind words...we have enjoyed meeting you and Christy and looking for to the future. We are looking forward to seeing you guys soon meeting your newborn.
P.S. Tell Christy we said 'hi'!
Tim & Helen

dognvenus

Well after sitting in Big Springs,Ne for a couple days waiting out the blizzard, we finally took the scenic route across I-76 to I-70 to US6 to SLC, we have arrived! Took 20 min to get unloaded. Fuel, showers and off to load up Tritons sled.
Thanks to my wife, Phil and his dad for their help. Went off (I mean on) without a hitch.

118466.jpg

Nice sled for a Ski-Doo...if you like those kind of sleds
sad.gif
~

118467.jpg

Good thing it isn't snow...this pic would have been of me throw'n chains

118468.jpg

Phil unloading

118469.jpg

Geting it in the trailer

118470.jpg

Looking for that fuel shut off valve...hmmm where would they hide it???

118471.jpg

Hey Phil...is it this red thing? Guess so...

118472.jpg

Phils dad helping with the load bar and moving blanket. Don't want to scratch the merchindise!

118473.jpg

All nice and snug...

118474.jpg

Now, just getting back to the truck...

118475.jpg

Out of the moat and back on dry land...closing the doors then eastbound and down!

See you in LaSalle in about 24 hours Dave...

triton

Thank you Tim & Helen!! I really appreciate you picking up my sled!! You don't find people as nice as them to often. I would also like to thank John Dee for making this site possible.