sled wrap installation

misfitinaction

Since I don't trust myself to do it, I'm hoping somebody knows somebody in the
twin cities that does it? I would have my own wrap. On the spring checks does skidoo install them or does the dealers?

Since I don't trust myself to do it, I'm hoping somebody knows somebody in the
twin cities that does it? I would have my own wrap. On the spring checks does skidoo install them or does the dealers?

Last year your snow checked sleds came with stock stickers applied at the factory that had to be removed by either the dealer or his installer before the "wrap" can be installed. Also last year the dealers ate the cost of having these installed if they didn't have a willing or capable employee that could do the installation. I would think that this could be different the upcoming year as both dealers I was contacted to install the Ski-Doo wraps were not happy about that arrangement. Another point to be made is do not expect an actual, true graphics wrap. The kit Ski-Doo provides is one that includes many (upwards of 40) smaller stickers that attach to the flat and flatter parts of the snowmobile plastic. Anyone with minimal experience and some time on their hands could install these themselves. The first one I did took almost 2 1/2 hours and by the time I was done with the last one the install was streamlined to about 1 1/2 hours including stock sticker removal and removal and putting the rear bumper back on. if you don't have the gumption to do these yourself any sign shop should be able to help you out. IMHO anything over $125 for install is too much.

Good Luck!

Skylar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who's wrap? I did my Arctic FX wrap last fall by myself. Take your time, you can do it. You will be surprised how easy it is. I was really worried about ripping my 300 dollar wrap, but it went on really easy.

Boondocker RMK 002 (Large).jpg Boondocker RMK 003 (Large).jpg

winter_time

The one on the sled that used to be skylars turned out very well i would say you can do it yourself like skylar said take your time and it will look good in the end

favoritos

I have done a little more each year on the last three sleds. A good heat gun can be a great asset.

Oddly, the OEM stickers are getting tougher to remove each year. They keep using better adhesives and it takes more work to get the original stickers off the sled.

BTW, the 42 paragraph warning stickers are just plain silly. Someone please give me the option to check off on the build sheet, Yes I know there are risks so please leave off the warning stickers.