Sledbrite product...

ggsled

Just a warning for using this product. When i purchased it at the snowmobile show they made it sound so simple. Just spray it on, let it sit for a couple of minutes and scrub it and hose it off. All i got afterwords was a mess. Looks like crap.
Any suggestions? clean 1.jpg clean.jpg

russholio

I've used it with good results. Is it possible you left it on too long and it started to dry? Or maybe the aluminum was oxidized enough that more applications may be necessary?

raceinsnow

This product has acid in it. It was never meant to spray on a polished surface and retain or enhance it. It can be polished after it was cleaned. There is a product call white diamond metal polish and sealer that works good.

whitedust

Simple Green needs elbow grease but something in there that likes aluminum & brightens...might help out your sledbright tarnish?

600_RMK_144

Actually just did this last w/e. Was having the same issue on my tunnel. Sprayed it on and within just a few seconds, it was drying up with a very spotty look. Like the aluminum was hot or something (it was not). Seemed to help if I over saturated. Still wasn't great, but better. Did follow it up with the polish and turned out decent (but not great).

squarepants2

Go to chemicalguys.com or 866 822 3670. They have metal wax that can be used on all metals ,especially aluminum. I just got a matte paint cleaner and sealer that can used on all matte surfaces wheels and matte graphics. My polaris is matte finish. Works great. Great customer service. Good luck.

garyl62

I bought it in Mke and while I've had a few issues with it overall it's worked ok. The guy at the show did say just spray it on and let it work, but when he demo'd it he kept rubbing it in. When I let it sit on my tunnel I got streaks and it did not work uniformly. The next time I used it I sprayed a lot on, and rubbed it in the entire time, then wiped it off after about 3-5 minutes. Seemed to work ok then. I've never used a hose and he may have told that to you, but I don't remember that part.

I do like their polish (small bottle of green fluid) as it seems to work well without much effort. Here are a few shots of the pipe, belt cover and can. I've never done them before and it took very little to clean them up. I haven't cleaned up the tunnel from the ride a week and a half ago so no shot of that yet.

20141208_191939.jpg

20141208_192027.jpg

20141208_192137.jpg

One thing I do remember him saying is that you have to polish it after you clean it. Not sure if you did that in the photo of your trailer fender. I haven't worked on my trailer so I can't comment on how it works there.

Last edited:

azandy

I have to agree with Gary. I spray it on. Rinse off after a few minutes. Did this twice. Amazing how clean it came . Then hand polish and made it shinny. Came out good. Not perfect . But could be if I spent more time on it. Or used a polish wheel.

I wonder if Aluminum fenders are coated? and the acid is discoloring the coating and has not eating through to the raw aluminum yet. Are these the guys that polish the bottom of the soda can,

eagle1

I agree little misleading when they're trying to sell it to you. But on back bottle there's actually warning saying polished metals will need to be touched up to bring back the finish.
I used it on my nytro tunnel and usually had to go over it twice with polish to get look good. Does get easier once polish it few times and I think cleaner will work better too.

The guys with the soda cans sell master formula polish and sealer.
http://master-formula.com/index.html