Sleds Registerd in WI and live out of state must have WI Insurance

legend02

Was talkbing to a buddy today and mentioned that I just registered my 02 Legend in Wisconsin, he told me that I needed to have the Insurance from an agent in Wisconsinto be valid as one of his buddy's has his quad stole and was registered in wisconsin with Illinois insurance and had to fight to get his money for it.

Called my State farm agent and was told this is true as my 08 GSX is also registered in WI. Had her look up the State Farm insurance agent in Eagle River as I used Vilas County on Registraion.

Anybody ever had an issue with this.

yamadooed

Never had an issue with it thru state farm... I had one totalled in wi and quote for repair thru WI dealer also had one totalled in MI and quote thru IL dealer... All are registered in WI...

micelist

I am an adjuster and that is totally false. The company may have asked where he keeps it and if he lied then that is a differant story. Some companies are concerned with that and some are not.

jpsted

Legend, sounds like your referring to comp/collision insurance and not required to register your sled in WI. And frankly, anyone who owns a sled should be required to carry and have proof of liability insurance, but not yet the case in WI.