Sleepy grandson

Tankjo

We took our 6 yr old grandson last weekend he was very excited about going. went 30mi stopped had lunch went another 15mi he's power snoozing! I've heard other kids have done this any sure fire cures or will he get over this as he gets more miles?

Dave_B

My kids used to do that all the time. Mainly on ATV rides. He'll grow out of it but it is funny.

Dave

ibendwire

My daughter used to do that all the time until she got older. She would fall asleep and and her head would end up resting on my arm. Sometimes my arm would actually start to go numb but I did not have the heart to wake her. The other thing she would do was put her hands on the handle bars when she was awake and every once in awhile she would hit the kill switch. First time that happened all I could think of what went wrong with my snowmobile and how much are the repairs going to cost me. I had a good laugh as soon as I figured out what happened.

toolmaker

Both my daughters would do this when they were little. Started them when they were 3. I would stop, play in the snow a little and have some to eat. They are now 22 and 18, still love to go with dad and eat snow. Falling asleep isn't a problem any longer.

windingtrailgal

Ah...I so do not miss the sleeping on the sled!?! When the kids were under the age of 3, zipped them up in my coat so they were strapped to me when they fell asleep. Harnesses after that. When my youngest son was under the age of 4, had him in a hiking backpack with my middle kid strapped in front - backpack worked out AWESOME. Them falling asleep was always the biggest issue/problem. The harness works pretty good for that to keep them from bouncing too much... Someone suggested one of those neck brace things they have for kids and dirt biking...which I do have but never used and wish I had. Them sleeping and their heads bouncing around always bothered me?!

cries

I 've had my daugther out on the sled since she was 3 or so. She just turned 11 and she still falls asleep on the sled. She was on the back of my sled New Years Day and all of a sudden felt her grip loosen and helmet hit my back. Put her in front and she layed her head down on the handle bars and took a nap for about 25 miles.

Snowdee

My son did this all the time. I had him strapped to me with a harness and he would lay his head forward on the handlebars. Slept for nearly 30 miles once on our way from Paradise to the camp.