Smoker

Cat_man

John,

Looking at your pics from the trail session are getting me ready for the season, but also getting hungry. I have been thinking about buying a smoker for a while now, but never seem to know which direction to go. I don't want to break the bank, but also want a decent one. Any suggestions?

Thx

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I have the Smokey Mountain from Weber. It is not at the low end of the price range though. I also have heard good things about the Big Green Egg, which also is not at the low end of the price range.

I did a lot of research and all the talk out there seemed to be if you want to be serious about it, you have to pay, because you get what you pay for in this area.

I would also refer you to a recent tread on smokers on the board:
http://www.johndee.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?29591-barbeque-smokers&highlight=smokers

-John

scott_b

John,

How did you get the full URL of the smoker thread? I didn't post the link to it because mine always just shows "johndee.com"

Thanks

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John,

How did you get the full URL of the smoker thread? I didn't post the link to it because mine always just shows "johndee.com"

Thanks

I just found the link to the thread and right clicked on it and chose to copy the link to clipboard, then I just pasted it into the reply.

-John