Snow Church & JD Snow Forecast Zones

frnash

As I mentioned in a comment on the November 16 edition of Snow Church:
Observation: Newbie guests/subscribers that haven’t been following your forecasts probably are unfamiliar with your forecast zones — I couldn’t even find those definitions just now on the old forecast pages. (?)

frnash

I hear you have some equipment upgrades coming around the end of the month; I can hardly wait to see the new toys.
Another suggestion:
I find the maps you have been using very difficult to see; I can barely make out the state boundaries. Also, You'd do well to find a large, prominent cursor, in a contrasting color, as the one you have been using is impossible to see.
Hopefully some of these issues will be improved with the forthcoming upgrades!

kevinj

John,

As a winter weather (and stormy summer weather) enthusiast, I just have to say these videos are really cool. I check these models with every run. I remember seeing the storm that is hitting IL/IN/MI/OH first showed up as a rain maker for all of WI...funny how things change. Today's video where you went back the millibar maps and explained your thinking was well worth the time. I get a lot from reading the scientific discussions on the NWS, so this is just a great parallel.

One question, when you show the snowfall prediction in the models, do you show the 10:1 ratio or the straight up Kuchera?

Thanks John!!!
Kevin

catalac

Hi John, just wondering when and if you will be starting Snow Church this year?
No rush, just wondering.
Thanks