Snow Cover Map

machz2005

Hello John,

It seems like the snow cover map does not always reflect current totals. Just SE of the Twin Cities we have had well over a foot and I have not seen the map accurately portray the totals. Why is that?

light200

Snowfall Totals, Snowcover maps Update?

John,
per the above message, when do you typically update/how often do you update both the 24 hour snowfall link graphic and the snowcover graphic link?

xcr440

It always looked to me like John's snow totals don't go south of the Twin Cities in MN, that's ok. Keep what we have had this year a secret! Ride on!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
I typically update the snowcover maps and 24 hours snowfall map by around 1 pm eastern time. Some days other things take up my time and I cannot get to them, such was the case today.

xcr440- I do that on purpose. I never felt there was a need to tell you how much snow you had in your front yard. I like to keep my efforts for areas where folks have to do a considerable amount of time/expense to travel to.

-John

machz2005

Thanks for the response John! I probably should have been more clear when I wrote my orginal message. The map I was referring to is below your map.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the response John! I probably should have been more clear when I wrote my orginal message. The map I was referring to is below your map.

Ah...I see. I had forgotten to update those maps all season, but just did on Friday. I do not update them daily, but do when there has been significant snowcover changes. They should be pretty close to reality right now.

-John