snow in keweenaw

sp123

winter storm watch just posted for the keweenaw. In about 4 or 5 days from now we could very easily have 2 feet of freshsnow here in the keweenaw,also looks like the keweenaw will be one of the only areas with alot of fresh snow to by next week sometime only time will tell i guess.

Last edited:

bigvin

That is Awesome :)

Forget about the signage change,...
With the only snow within a days driving range,....
The U.P. is going to need traffic lights on the trails!
Hmmmmm,.....
Now There's an idea!
Ugh!

Think * Snow!
:)

MZEMS2

Maybe I'll go count truck/trailers heading for the U.P on the interstate...should be back to back. Hopefully the local businesses get pumbled like they did around here during the holiday season. But then again, I wouldn't be making any marks on your measuring stick just yet. Something about counting chicks before they hatch.......

sp123

The predicted snow totals already came down but not a surprise the way this year has been going, but you never know with lake effect.

whitedust

The predicted snow totals already came down but not a surprise the way this year has been going, but you never know with lake effect.
You need to wait until the flakes fall no use until then & very fickle this year. Lots of people think the UP is in a blizzard everyday. Just not so LES bands come & go & you need it all to blend in area coverage to have good riding. It will happen sooner or later unless this is a freak year. JD would know more about that history & where we are this year compared to other years?

Stack

I think South of the bridge for sure, Mass City to Twin Lakes, that's where to direct the traffic, it just makes sense. :)

Stack

radsrh

Left the Gay area about 5pm maybe 2-3" down right along the Lake. Once I headed inland to Lake Linden it was coming down good, from just north of Houghton to just south of twin lakes OMG!!!! If I had to guess I would say Houghton area had a foot down and it was coming down so hard at times I was down to 10 MPH and thinking about finding a place to move out of the way and sit. Complete WHITE OUT. The rest of the way back down the snow just fell off to nothing, BUT the trucks and trailers heading NORTH where non stop! And that was at 8 on a Sunday night!!! Maybe a bad case of hay boss I think I have the FLU?