snow next week

sp123

anyone else see the forcast for next friday sat looks like we might get first accumulating snow of the season just thought i throw it out there.

where's this place you speak of?
I'm predicting a plowable event in northern IN by Halloween. Farmers are hating me, but as the year has progressed, we are still seeing nature 6-8 weeks ahead of past years.

matti

A local weather forecaster on a TV station here in Duluth, MN showed snowflakes in the forecast for us next Friday, as well.

bearrassler

One TV station last night said we may get some on Thursday morning, with a high of 43, it was in the upper 80's today.

dcsnomo

One TV station last night said we may get some on Thursday morning, with a high of 43, it was in the upper 80's today.

Ya know, I'm really happy for you that you are going to get some Thursday morning, but honestly, I'm more interested in the weather....

kwikgren

Ours can't predict yestrdays weather

Sounds familiar. Anyone can tell you that it snowed 2 inches yesterday, but that isn't really forcasting, it's more like backassting. Actually, we do have some decent weather coverage up here, aided by the presence of the NWS and all their computer modeling and support. As far as seasonal forcasting goes, I think it is important to put things in historical perspective to not only understand what might happen in the future but why. The older you get, the easier this is to do. Even though I have lived in the U.P. for longer than most of these forcasters, 30-40 years is nothing in geological time. That's why you need to study past history to try to understand what might happen in the future. Karl Bohnak of TV-6 out of Marquette has done this, and provides a great summary in his book, So Cold A Sky. I consider this to be a "must read" for anyone interested in Upper Michigan weather history.

Modman440

Can anyone say snow dance time yea cant really ride yet but just to see it come down would be awsome. Going to my buddys house to play in the foam pit and the high down here sunday is 49 last i heard finaly hoodie weather... WOOT WOOT!!!!