Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011

snowballcancer

Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011 - Snowmobiling 60 Consecutive Days!

Longest Snowmobile Journey -Snowmobiling 60 Consecutive Days!

Nick Keller has officially announced that he will be doing a repeat of his Snowball Cancer Challenge for the 2010-2011 snowmobile season!

Keller Family Community Foundation (KFCF) is holding its second annual fundraising event Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011 from December 2010 – February 2011. During this event, Nick Keller will attempt to break his previous world record for the most miles snowmobiled within 60 consecutive days. Nick has set his personal goal for this year at 20,494 + miles. This would give Nick a grand total of more than 40,000 miles snowmobiled in 120 days!

Keep checking back for more details for this years winter fundraising event. Or visit the website at: www.snowballcancer.org

Attachments

• Nick-on-his-sled_2010-150x150.jpg
    Nick-on-his-sled_2010-150x150.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:

snowballcancer

Does anyone know of a really good GPS device that I would be able to put on my sled to record my exact location at all times? I do not need any trail maps for finding my way; only to track my location so I can download for my records. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

snowballcancer

Kick-off Dinner: December 17th!

KFCF will be having a Kick-off Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011 supper with music on Friday, December 17, 2010 at The River Station-Grandpa Jerry’s, West Main Street, Richmond, Minnesota from 4pm to midnight. Music will be provided by the Good Ol’ Boys Band, a local favorite. The proceeds from this event will go to the Keller Family Community Foundation to fulfill its mission. KFCF has set a goal to raise over $100,000 in donations for Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011 that, in turn, will be used to help the community.

favoritos

Does anyone know of a really good GPS device that I would be able to put on my sled to record my exact location at all times? I do not need any trail maps for finding my way; only to track my location so I can download for my records. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Was the spot system not accurate enough for the records? Any satellite system does get challenged with all the trees and terrain in the U.P.

snowballcancer

Hello Favoritos.
The spot system did its job as far as tracking my location at the 10 minute mark (or up in the U.P.....sometimes the satellites wouldn't connect my location for up to an hour.) Also, it was for emergency use as far as contacting family or police if something would have happened out on the trails.

As far as the record; I am hoping to have a GPS this time around for tracking me constantly and to see how many miles the GPS device states that I went as well to further verify my miles on the sled. Do you know of any GPS devices that would be able to do this for me?

favoritos

Hello Nick, Btw, it was good talking to you at HayDays. Good Luck, with the record.

There are a number of various devices used in fleet management that do a great job of tracking, but I'm not sure how well those units would fit in a sled. There are also teen tracker devices as well as mobile/car trackers. Heck, talk to your phone provider. All the new smart phones have tracking built into the phone already.

I use a handheld GPS (Garmin 60CSX) that does a pretty good job of tracking along with speed and mileage. The daily tracks would need to be uploaded each night though. The unit would not store enough for the whole record.

I'm sure that there are other GPS units with many of the same features as the Garmin. PM user RWS, he may have more insight.

snowballcancer

I finally got my 2010 Yamaha RS Vector GT sled over to Wisconsin for getting her physical done for the upcoming 2011 snowmobile season where I plan on putting on over 20,000 miles for my Snowball Cancer Challenge 2011.

Also, has anyone seen the new Yamaha posters and dvd's out for the 2011 snowmobile season? Keep your eyes open for them and let me know what you find (I am featured on them.)