Snowmobile Hall of Fame Pictures

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
If a visit to the Hall of Fame is not on your Bucket List, it should be. This was my second visit and again, it was not a disappointment. It's larger, maybe twice the size of my previous visit and with so many machines from the past, they have to rotate them in and out to get a fair showing. If you're in or near St. Germain, make it a stop just off Hwy 70, west of town. So, without further delay, let's get to the pix.

Snow 2.jpg
Starting with the Thundercat from a couple of winters ago.
snow 3.jpg

Snow 1.jpg
126 different makes at the peak of production. If you can zoom in or have better eyesight than I, you'll notice that both Allis Chalmers and Honda each made a snowmobile. They were prototypes that never touched the snow.

snow10.jpg
Maybe Skiroule has some background on this Polaris. This is kind of his domain and our resident authority.

snow 5.jpg

snow9.jpg
I always thought the ThunderJet was the coolest on the track including the "Ape Hangers".

snow8.jpg
You know their slogan, go ahead and say it!

snow11.jpg
That's a nice clean Scorpion!

snow12.jpg
And for the Yamaha guys...

Snow 4.jpg
Lastly, the Wall of Fame. The picture doesn't do justice as it's 4 or 5 times larger that what is shown. The fast ones, the pioneers and those that helped grow the sport. Some are Posthumus, some are still with us, all are honored to be on this wall.

pclark

If a visit to the Hall of Fame is not on your Bucket List, it should be. This was my second visit and again, it was not a disappointment. It's larger, maybe twice the size of my previous visit and with so many machines from the past, they have to rotate them in and out to get a fair showing. If you're in or near St. Germain, make it a stop just off Hwy 70, west of town. So, without further delay, let's get to the pix.

View attachment 68703
Starting with the Thundercat from a couple of winters ago.
View attachment 68704

View attachment 68705
126 different makes at the peak of production. If you can zoom in or have better eyesight than I, you'll notice that both Allis Chalmers and Honda each made a snowmobile. They were prototypes that never touched the snow.

View attachment 68706
Maybe Skiroule has some background on this Polaris. This is kind of his domain and our resident authority.

View attachment 68707

View attachment 68708
I always thought the ThunderJet was the coolest on the track including the "Ape Hangers".

View attachment 68709
You know their slogan, go ahead and say it!

View attachment 68710
That's a nice clean Scorpion!

View attachment 68711
And for the Yamaha guys...

View attachment 68712
Lastly, the Wall of Fame. The picture doesn't do justice as it's 4 or 5 times larger that what is shown. The fast ones, the pioneers and those that helped grow the sport.
Never been there and I live fairly close, I'll have to visit, pictures are pretty cool. Thanks for sharing!

hybrid

yes thanks for sharing
i got to check that place out too
i drove past it the other day and did a double take
no idea it was there

snomoman

I have been to this museum a couple of times, at one time they had this snowmobile that had I believe 6 -2 stroke twin cylinder motors is all hooked up together, they also had a really neat display of Nick Keller and his world record snowmobile, definitely a good place for any snowmobile enthusiast to go to, lots of great information

lofsfire

Definitely a cool place to stop! Hooks to hang your gear on in the winter as well. I have stopped a few different times. They are always moving things around and adding stuff over time. The same goes for the Top of the Lake Snowmobile Museum in the UP.

https://www.snowmobilemuseum.com/

euphoric1

have been there a couple times in the past definitely a must see if an enthusiast and correct me if I am wrong but the types of sleds in there change on occasion. One of our customers before he passed used to have a sled or two in there from time to time.

skiroule

Very cool photos Gary! Love the fact that they have the Willie Ewing’s Thundercat on display. Like a lot of people, I hope I can get there some day. I’m sure I could spend hours looking at the sleds and other display stuff.

Not much of a resident authority since I didn’t recognize the name Herb Howe but I was curious so I did do a little reading. Turns out he was quite a racing legend, winning the first Winnipeg to St. Paul 500 in 1966 on a 14 horse Polaris Colt, which, I assume is the sled on display. He went on to race in the first 10 races, finishing 7 of them, which was almost unheard of, considering the abuse that sleds and riders had to endure just to finish.