Snowmobile Insurance

mtb1115

I have a 2 Polaris sleds, 1 is an 02' 600 XCXP edge and the other is a 03' 600 Classic. I currently pay$ 230 and $215 a year through a company called Grange. I remember seeing a vendor at the Snowmobile USA show a few years ago the said he insures sleds for $ 95 a year for any make. I live in Illinois and store them inside my shop and trailer them up for riding but I may keep them in Minocqua for the upcoming season. Just looking to see if there is a better deal out there.

polarisrider1

I am wondering what full coverage will be on my new RMK. My Insurance has never had to insure a $11,200 sled for me before. Especially a sled that will be rode in the worst of terrain. Can't be cheap no matter who the agent gets it through.

ill marty

Ask your insurance agent about an umbrella coverage for your sleds and quads goes on the same bill as your vehicles . You save a ton of money for the same coverage. I have state farm thats how we roll with insurance .

mtb1115

Umbrella insurance may be the way to go, I'm happy with my current coverage, I saved money on everything except my sled and why is my newer 03' classic cheaper than my 02' Edge I don't understand.... My union has an arrangement or some sort of deal with Liberty Mutual so I'm going to check with them in a week or two also...

Last edited:

whitedust

I have a 2 Polaris sleds, 1 is an 02' 600 XCXP edge and the other is a 03' 600 Classic. I currently pay$ 230 and $215 a year through a company called Grange. I remember seeing a vendor at the Snowmobile USA show a few years ago the said he insures sleds for $ 95 a year for any make. I live in Illinois and store them inside my shop and trailer them up for riding but I may keep them in Minocqua for the upcoming season. Just looking to see if there is a better deal out there.
Maybe a touch high for older 120ish HP sleds but in the ballpark.

switch07

I think that is very high for that vintage of sleds. Our oldest sled is a 01 Supersport and that is at $80.00 a year. My 2011 Rush LX came in at about $160.00 and my new 2012 Adventure is pricing at about $175.00. We have Liberty Mutual Ins. which we found at the Green Bay snow show about four years ago. We have all our cars, trucks, house, fithwheel, and Harleys with this company. We also have a million dollar umbrella with them. They have been very good for us and the claims we have had were paid promptly and they did not raise the rates. It probably makes a difference when you insure everything with one company.

Cat600

I got American Family and was told that I would pay $180 for my '10 Arctic Cat F6 Sno Pro, but so far have never paid more than $140. But I may get a discount for having the car and truck with themas well.

When I had my 02 edge 600 last 2 seasons I was paying about 9.20 a month for full coverage. I had it tacked onto my truck so I had one bill a month. Not sure if age makes a difference but I'm only 28.

notaboveme

I have AAA for everything and my snowchecked 800 renegade will be 150.00 for 6 months full coverage. I only keep Liability, no collision on my older sleds. About 25.00 for 6 months.

mezz

Ask your insurance agent about an umbrella coverage for your sleds and quads goes on the same bill as your vehicles . You save a ton of money for the same coverage. I have state farm thats how we roll with insurance .

Umbrella coverage is a "seperate" coverage which is over and above the underlying coverages for you Home, Auto, Cycles, Boats etc... The Umbrella coverage provides additional coverage to the polic(y)ies covering these items up to a specified limit, $1M or $2M. The rate for the Umbrella is based on the number of exposures it is to cover, such as # of Auto's, # & ages of driver(s), driving record(s) Home, Boats, Sleds, Cycles, ATV's etc.. keep in mind, as a requirement with the Umbrella, you must have specific underlying liability limits for the aforementioned items, most require a minimum Liability Limit of $300,000, some may require $500,000. Don't get me wrong, the premium is very reasonable, just remember, it's in addition to existing coverage.-Mezz

dcsnomo

I have Progressive. I pay $321 per year for full comp & liability on an '07 Cat Jag and a 98 Indy 600 liability only. $321 for both sleds, not each.

jakester

Yes a friend of "mayhem" I worked for them going on 39 yrs. I started when I was 10. I wish. Not in sales but in their print shop. Run a Heidelberg press. I have a brother that was a agent for close to 40yrs. Good company and trying very hard to get better. They have a thing out there called Bundeling that can save you alot. Unfortunately for me, I gave up my sleds for the first time in 34yrs. Imiss it . Maybe come back, we'll see. Jake