Snowmobile rescue class

lofsfire

I don't know of any classes but check with your Local FD or Office of Emergency Management Agency. They most likely have a list that you can sign up to help out in situation like this. I know here the Porter County EMA has a form you fill out Name number etc. then what "toys" you have that can help out with. Everything form big pieces of equipment down to a chainsaw.

mtb1115

I'm looking to see if there is a "formal" class available with some sort of certificate upon completion, we had talked about having some sleds on stand-by for the storm but the higher-ups were worried about liability with regards to lack of training.

robocopf7

Around here, you would have to probably be a member of a fire department, EMS or law enforcement to be called in the event of any incident. The liability of having "untrained" personnel or the like would be brutal. Lawyers would have a field day. I haven't heard of an civil force or the like, although it is a good idea I think to have a call list in the case of a natural disaster.

In the past, I have commandeered a sled before to get to a scene of an sled accident. The owner was very generous and did not hesitate. My buddy had the DNR borrow his piped F7 to catch some jackasses on a lake once too.

I would call your local Emergency Manager, he may know of some kind of class.