snowmobile tours

blk47

hey john have you ever been on a tour with a guide ? I am looking for a good place to go for myself and my wife looking for suggestions of place and guide team (she dont know dont say nothing chris lol) mabey yellowstone or any suggestion by you or any other people on here thanks

jd

Administrator
Staff member
So far I don't have a lot of experience in riding in different areas out west, as I have been to Togwotee exclusively for the past 7 years. However, I would strongly recommend using a guide while out there, especially if you plan to go off trail.

All the guides at Togwotee are great and will show you a great time. Carter seems to be the favorite amongst riders in this forum and I have had the privilege of riding with him on several occasions and can verify that he is a top notch guide and will not only take you to the best spots, but can offer up instruction as well.

-John

If you check out a thread I put on Arcticchat.com it may be of interest to you both. It's under General Snowmobile Discussion area. There is going to be a class in Marshfield, WI in November dealing specifically with flatlanders such as us who head out west to ride. It is an Avalanche Class aimed at snowmobilers. The group putting it on goes out west every winter, and htey have a guy from Colorado coming to speak and teach. I ride trails only in WI and the UP so I am not attending.