Snowmobile trailer parking lots???

pos1

Been to the UP many times. Have parked in the lot at Sunday Lake (Wakefield). Also stayed in various hotels with easy trail access. Now looking to stay up around Ontonagon to ride a different area and may stay at a place that doesn't look to have direct trail access. Where can we park trailers for the day if we decide to move around a bit? The DNR snowmobile trail maps I've looked at don't have any designated parking lots.

Specific directions to lots would be awesome so I can mark them on my trail map.

Scotts Superior Inn just west of town, great accomodations, prices and has parking, there is also the Marathon station just 1 mi east of there, if u ask you can park there as well.....

ski_dog

We park at the 45 / M26 turnaround all the time and it's a great place to start from.

I don't mean to insult your intelligents but please use proper trailhead etiquette when parking there. Show some respect for the snow plow drivers by parking as far to the right as you possibly can, don't block the trail, don't leave any garbage and if there's a vehicle already parked there pull up behind them and leave them enough room to load up. Several times a year I see vehicles that could be parked 6 feet farther to the right, trailers sticking out into the south-bound trail heading to Bruce Crossing and wrappers and cans laying around (which I ALWAYS pick up).

I don't mean to harp but I consider it a priveledge to park here but I feel if things get out of hand we may loose it. I know how I'd feel if I was a plow truck driver or groomer operator and had to zig zag through the turnaround. Rant over.

Ride safe, sober and stay right.