Snowmobiling around Fargo, N.Dakota? or S.Dakota

600hoic

Banned
I may have an opportunity to move near Fargo North Dakota or South Dakota. Can anyone let me know what the snowmobiling is like there? Is it mostly powder riding with long tracks or are there trail systems for short tracks? Also, can someone let me know how long and/or difficult the drive to the western UP would be from Fargo?

Thanks

yooper_man

I don't know anything about snowmobiling in Fargo, or SD but, I can' tell you that Fargo is about 7 hours from the western UP. this would also depend on what the rodes are like.

snoluver1

If I where moving to Fargo my question would be how far to the mountains, not how far to the UP!! You gota be closer to the Black Hills than Mi, I would think. There is plenty of trail riding in the Black Hills if thats what your looking for. Also not to far from the Big Horns in Wy. Wish I was moving to Fargo!

bearrassler

I live about 75 miles north of Fargo so the conditions are similar. Fargo is on the MN border and there is lots of trails in MN, Detroit Lakes is about 50 miles to the east of Fargo, there are also quite a few trails on the ND side of the Red River, although it is mostly open country riding near Fargo, not a lot of trees, a crossover or a 121 sled would work the best. When the snow conditions are right there are some off trail riding (cross country) in some areas. I hope this helps.