Snowmobiling in Canada

bdt

John,
I am new to your website and have found it most informative....thanks and keep up the great work! My question is that I plan to drive to Canada (I live in SE MN) and snowmobile in an area about 1 1/2 hours north and east of Winnipeg. The town I am traveling to is a small town called Loc du Bonnet which is on the Winnipeg River. And to get to the question, do you know of a site that I can go to that will tell me the snow conditions, the trail conditions and what if any sticker or license I will need to snowmobile up there? And if I need a sticker, where can I get one and do I need it to bring my sled across the border? Thanks BDT

bdt

One question I have is on that site it says to snowmobile in Manitoba you need a "validated registration plate". Is that the same as the registration stickers we put on our sleds in Minnesota?

lakesimcoe

From ontario here but:

you will need your Mn registration (numbers on the side of your sled)

insurance

$125 Mb trail pass (or $50 for a 7 day pass)

L

lenny

Mr Freeze just rode there from Mass City and had horrible snow conditions there. All the way to winnapeg. he said there done for the season. i would email him and ask some questions before you head that way, or call someone.

ubee

Roc and I heading up to Nw Ontario, Going to try some BACK BUSH riding ,mostly lakes ,portage trails,logging ,mining roads, and do some laker fishing.Lots of snow! gonna take lots of pics.Would be great place to try Lennys mtlite!

ubee

Got all loaded ready to go and my buddy rocs GMC with Allison transmission coundnt get out of its own way,what a bummer! going to put it off till this weekend! what a let down,kinda like da bears!lol