Snowy Mountain Range Trip, 2/09

dhealy8

The team of many names headed west to the snowies last week... the endless pow and meadows were awesome, and the hills were phenominal!! Want to give a big thanks to our guide Joe Faycosh from High Altitude Excursions, Albany Lodge for the great hospitality, Maverick Motorsports in Laramie, and the riders from 10 High Extreme Productions!! We had a blast and will be back to ride the steep and deep of the Snowies for sure!!

103526.jpg

View overlooking the Snowies

103527.jpg

Dan, Matt, and Joe

103528.jpg

Another ridge

103529.jpg

Close up of the ridge next to the Widow Maker

103530.jpg

Matt enjoying the Widow Maker!

103531.jpg

3 days of this...endless meadows FULL of untouched pow, was amazing!!

103532.jpg

view from the top of a nice little hill, notice the small sleds at the bottom...

103533.jpg

takin a break, trying to get some oxygen at 10,000 feet

103534.jpg

a little hill climbin

103535.jpg

view from top of another hill

103536.jpg

Joe Faycosh, our guide from High Altitude Excursions

103537.jpg

A few clouds movin in

103538.jpg

The crew on Saturday, Joe, Matt, Dan, Dan, and Brandon

103539.jpg

Brandon goin vertical

103540.jpg

Population was 17 last week...

dhealy8

Ner, that was actually some guy stuck at the top, took him a few mins but he got it out and down without the sled getting away from him. That was the only hill we didn't shoot to the top, just cause we flew out and were on rentals and didn't want to pay the 2k deductable if we rolled down...ha. I have a couple of vids, ill try to get them on here.

hoffman.. i would highly reccommend it!!

Firecatguy

what a small world they were looking for a pic of the widow maker on snowest.com so i put yours up and loan be hold it was your guide that was looking for a pic he said you guys were alot fun to ride with

dhealy8

yea what a small world! i have some more i'll send to them. yea those guys were great guys and great guides, will be riding with them again for sure!

snowcross338

Thanks Dan, glad you had a good time, let me know when you guys are headed out again. Awesome pics, they have been all over the internet. Take care, here's to a great rest of the season!