Snowy Mountains - April 2014

600_RMK_144

First trip out West. Absolutely amazing powder!!! Slightly over my riding talent, but somehow we managed. Deep pow days 1 and 2, pretty set up the other days. Can't thank Sam and his buddy Kurtis enough for helping with all the stucks (and there were lots). They would encourage me to try again and were right there to get me un-stuck every time. Can't wait to do it again!

IMG_0032.jpg IMG_0051.jpg IMG_0055.jpg IMG_0082.jpg IMG_0156.jpg

D

Deleted member 10829

Looks like you had a great time, and your first trip no less! How did the 144 perform?

ezra

so u think the cardio helped after digging a few times at 9k feet.
now u are screwed welcome to 14 hr min each way to get your fix

600_RMK_144

so u think the cardio helped after digging a few times at 9k feet.
now u are screwed welcome to 14 hr min each way to get your fix

Winded just walking thru the pow. Add a couple half a$s tugs and I'm toast. Pretty sure I would have died had I not been doing something for a solid 3 weeks prior (-10 lbs certainly didn't hurt). A couple months and -25 lbs would be ideal. Same drive time as The Hills or UP, so I think I know where I'll be heading next yr. 4 dudes making own meals and it was the cheapest trip of the season!!!

ezra

Winded just walking thru the pow. Add a couple half a$s tugs and I'm toast. Pretty sure I would have died had I not been doing something for a solid 3 weeks prior (-10 lbs certainly didn't hurt). A couple months and -25 lbs would be ideal. Same drive time as The Hills or UP, so I think I know where I'll be heading next yr. 4 dudes making own meals and it was the cheapest trip of the season!!!

yeah it is tough to go to the UP for me it is 7 in good weather and I can make red lodge in 12.5 either way it is a day drive . for u in Iowa it is a no brainer I would deff be keeping my sled in CO and driving a gas miser out 5 or 6 times a winter
yeah it really is not that much money to go on longer trips .I usually spend less on a 7to 10 day ride west than the long weekend rides up north.
up north always eating out drinking at night. out west always 3 to 5 in a cabin every guy has a dinner and breakfast always eating leftovers in the muff pot for lunch. usually to tired to party at night few hits after dinner devour some dessert and hit the rack

Last edited: