So I F_ _ _ ed up royally. 2006 Saturn Ion

sjshaner

2006 Saturn Ion. Fan wouldn't work so in checking it out I determined that the fan itself was good, the problem was in the relay socket. In probing the socket I accidentally shorted the probes together and the car shut off immediately. (I had the car running with the air on to get the fan to turn on so I could check that the relay was getting power when the car got hot enough). Now the check engine light is on constantly even with the key out and the car won't crank. I checked all the relays and they are good so I am afraid I fried the ECM. Well off to the dealer to check it out. This will be an expensive mistake. Live and Learn.

fredster

I see several Ion ECM's listed on EBAY....$50 and up. You would have to pay dealer to program it, but way cheaper then buying a new ECM, too.

sjshaner

I saw those as well. I just don't feel comfortable getting a used one. No way for me to have it tested before I buy so I am biting the bullet and having them install it. $550 and change. Expensive lesson, oh well live and learn. Thanks for the advice, though, Fredster.