sorting posts

dfattack

How can I sort the posts to see the most recent at the top instead of the original post at the top?

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
On the main forum page scroll to the subject you want to view then click on the "time stamp" on the righthand column. That will be the most recent entry to that subject matter.

dfattack

Gary, I"m embarrased to say...I don't get it. I don't see "time stamp" anywhere. I want to be able to see the most recent post WITHIN a thread. I use the What's new all the time to see what's changed since the last time I logged in. When I select a particular thread I would like to see the most recent post within that thread at the top and not see the #1 post each time. This is how the old forum was set up and I can't seem to figure out how to rearrange the posts.

mezz

That's an option thank you. However is there a way to do what I want?
I'm not sure, like you, this is too new & I haven't had a ton of time fo figure things out. I wish I had an answer for you, maybe one of the mods can chime in, but, they are also new to the format. If I stumble onto how, I will share that with you.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here's a couple of screenshots that indicate the location of the time of the most recent posting. Just above "dfattack said:"

Screenshot (2).png
And the second screenshot shows it in the far right column.

Screenshot (3).png
I think we all have the same view, hope this helps.

Gary​

dfattack

Gary, the #1 in my first post indicates its the first post in this particular thread. your most recent post is #9. When I log in and check this thread I want to see your #9 first, on the top then #8 under yours and so on with my #1 post at the bottom. Is there a way to do that? I'm sure it's a simple fix but I cannot figure out how to do that.

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gary, I"m embarrased to say...I don't get it. I don't see "time stamp" anywhere. I want to be able to see the most recent post WITHIN a thread. I use the What's new all the time to see what's changed since the last time I logged in. When I select a particular thread I would like to see the most recent post within that thread at the top and not see the #1 post each time. This is how the old forum was set up and I can't seem to figure out how to rearrange the posts.
Scroll down for some visual help.

Gary

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gary, the #1 in my first post indicates its the first post in this particular thread. your most recent post is #9. When I log in and check this thread I want to see your #9 first, on the top then #8 under yours and so on with my #1 post at the bottom. Is there a way to do that? I'm sure it's a simple fix but I cannot figure out how to do that.
You know, when we first launched this I'm quite certain I saw something in regards to the priorities in sorting, most recent verses the oldest. But I'll be darned if I can recall where that was. I'll keep looking, if I find something I'll let you know.

Gary

gary_in_neenah

Super Moderator
Staff member
OK, I have half a solution. Look in the righthand column of the second screenshot. There is a time stamp at 1:08, if you click on any time stamp in that column, it will take you to the most recent post. It's at the bottom, not the top as you prefer but it does speed up your process as you don't have to scroll through the prior posts. As far as inverting the content, I'll keep an eye out and let you know.

dfattack

well that does take you to the most recent post but then you have to scoll up to see what posts you may have missed. Not a big deal but thanks for the quick fix in the short term.

hybrid

when you open a thread it automatically goes to the oldest post that you have not read yet
then scroll down for more recent posts in order oldest to newest
you must be logged on for this to work
and if there is no new posts in the thread it will take you to post #1
threads that have new posts have bolder letters in the title
hope this helps
it is different then the old way
i like this way its much easier to navigate