South Dakota

LakeVilla

Appreciate any ideas/hints on Spear Fish Canyon for riding, We are looking at possible trip in early February.

Also anyone familar with Spearfish Canyon Lodge for accomadations?

Thanks and regards

polarisrider1

Appreciate any ideas/hints on Spear Fish Canyon for riding, We are looking at possible trip in early February.

Also anyone familar with Spearfish Canyon Lodge for accomadations?

Thanks and regards

try www.recsprings.com New owners. they used to rent sleds, etc. You will have to call them since they do not mention on the web site anymore. It is a fantastic location with tons of trails and off trail riding around them.

Last edited:

LakeVilla

thanks for the information. I'll certainely share with group. The place we are looking at for accomadations web site is www.spfcanyon.com. Are you familar with this place during your travels.
Thanks and regards

polarisrider1

thanks for the information. I'll certainely share with group. The place we are looking at for accomadations web site is www.spfcanyon.com. Are you familar with this place during your travels.
Thanks and regards

I stopped in there during the Sturgis Rally to check the place out. Everyone said Spearfish Canyon Lodge is first class and pricey. I didn't see where the trails come through there, so you will want to find that out. At Rec. Springs just down the road the trail runs right by it. Lead and Deadwood are just down the road a bit from both for night life.

LakeVilla

Thanks for the quick response.
The Lodge and Sports Center are located at trail head #4 on the Black Hills snowmobile trail system. I was quoted an AARP rate of $80/night or $40 per guy.