Spiders- How to get rid of?

swanee

My family has noticed a ton of spiders this year in our basement. I am not sure how to get rid of these things. Our basement is finished and we spend a lot of time there. My wife and kids are getting reluctant to spend time down there. Any suggestions on how to get rid of these arachnids? I'm afraid my basement is going to turn into a man cave if I can't get rid of them.

The interesting thing is I used Home Defense for the first time on the perimeter of the house this past spring and it seems it has had the opposite effect.

michaeladams

the spiders were already in the house this spring.they couldn't get out after you sprayed.the only thing you can do short of fogging the place is clean,clean,clean.

harvest1121

the ortho spray actually works really well in the house. Its safe around pets I would use both but have had good luck with ortho. Its in a white and red gallon jug with a hand sprayer.

propjockey

Go get one of these...

your_image.gif

If they work on a roof, they should work under the roof... However, I'm not sure the neighbs would care for a Komodo dragon in the hood'!

-J-

propjockey

Go get one of these...

115427.jpg

If they work on a roof, they should work under the roof... However, I'm not sure the neighbs would care for a Komodo dragon in the hood'!

They love spiders....and people too!

-J-

swanee

What is the fogging method? I've killed three since I left this message. I think that michaeladams could be right as they have not been able to leave the house.

Nothing wrong with it being a mancave, just that if it did then I would living the rest of my life in the 'doghouse'.

06attak

Indoor Insect Fogger. Set one up in the basement, but make sure you leave the house for awhile once you set it off, probably best to keep pets far away too.

Just do a search on google for "Indoor insect fogger" and you will see some of the products that are available. Local Hardware store should carry em.

polarisrider1

Foggers are great, My problem is I like to watch them work. Really, just shake, push down button, leave, drink beer, return, air out, sweep up the dead. simple.

booondocker

"...Foggers are great, My problem is I like to watch them work"

Ah ha...THAT explains a whole bunch! We just thought you were dropped on your head by your mama!!

skidoolis

just don;t stick around like this guy did!He did some weird stuff with a mixer and a sink , crazy stuff what those fumes can do
115466.jpg

mezz

Try some Ortho Max. Good indoors as well as out, safe, no harmful fumes. Spray the perimeter of the basement floor, include around windows & door(s). You will see results in short order. The effectiveness is suppose to last over 3 months.-Mezz

russholio

A long match with something flammable in an aerosol can is effective, but I wouldn't recommend using it indoors.

swanee

I did the fog today. I haven't seen any dead spiders yet, but for some reason there were plenty of hanging cobwebs. I'll do it again in a few weeks. Thanks so much for all the advise.

mezz

To correct my earlier post, it is called Ortho Home Max. Lasts up to 12 months if applied as directed.-Mezz

skidoolis

We too are having spider issues and those dreaded Fleas god i hate those bugs.My question will this also work on eradicating these buggers.I think we go through this every year my ankles hurt not that bad this year we vacuum everyday that seems to help.I am going to put flea collars on both cats.thx Greg

blabath

I haven't verified this, but a friend of mine tells me the average person will accidently eat 36 spiders in their lifetime while asleep.
Yum Yum!