SRV carburetor switch

euphoric1

Sorry didn't verify year before posting this, but working on an older SRV for my neighbors kid to run around property on, wont start, Carburetor had a sea monkey plantation growing in it, now all cleaned up but there is a switch on the side of the carburetor that is actuated by throttle shaft. When I test it with volt meter it doesn't always make and break contact as it should, I am assuming that this switch is basically what other manufacturers have located in their throttle block, being this is just a beat around the yard sled is there a way I can bypass it by maybe by creating a jumper at the two wires that connect to it? or does this switch serve another purpose? not too familiar with Yamaha's

The wires on the carb can be disconnected and left to hang or hook them together, The wires in the harness are the important ones to connect together, thats how we bypassed many yamaha carbs

euphoric1

The wires on the carb can be disconnected and left to hang or hook them together, The wires in the harness are the important ones to connect together, thats how we bypassed many yamaha carbs

Thank you very much! that is what I suspected, like I said the make and break on switch is not consistent and Im assuming could lead to start issue. THANKS!!

If you ever have a running issue with that sled, the first thing to look for is remove the exhaust and shake it around and see if you hear a piece of metal rattling around inside, if it comes loose it usually blocks off the outlet, Ive cut many of those exhaust open to remove the metal that floats around in there