Stator repair

yarls24

I Ordered a new one from Dennis Kirk last year for my wife's 99 ZR 600 EFI. They get them from a stator shop, I can't remeber the name of it off hand. But it was cheaper and had a better warranty if you bought a new one through Dennis Kirk, rather than buy it directly through the company.

whitedust

Never herad of repairing stators but a good question. So much labor to tear down to get at it maybe better to buy new one.

mjkaliszak

There was a post on here last year about a place that sells re-built stators. I can't remember the name but it is the same place that I stumbled on after I had to buy a stator for my old 94 T-Cat years ago. The 1 I bought from from the dealer 5 yrs ago was about $614 bucks <font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font><font color="ff0000">&#149;</font>%^&# ). That got me smoking.... You might want to Google it, see what comes up.

mattmantell

Yeah, I put a post on here this past spring, and someone suggested a place in Canada I think? It was in the neigborhood of a couple hundred bucks to repair if I recall? I about crapped when the dealer told me $700 for a new one!!
Google brings up RMStator??? I'm not sure if that was the place or not though? There website has chnaged if it is the place I was thinking of?

Matt

mjkaliszak

I think that's it. Call them & see if they will do a core swap or something of that nature. That sure does sound familiar, I remember that when I found out about the place I was pissed @ myself for not checking into that. Those older Cat stators used to go out at about 5000+ miles I believe. That drove me crazy, it would fire up fine ( cold ) then as soon as I got to the farmers field it would back fire,missfire, fire on one then another ect... I dragged it out of the field 3 times and pulled the carbs 3 times before I figured that 1 out.

ezra

there is a guy in MI this is his utube vid how to link some place in his vid series he tells you how to get ahold cant remember was over a yr ago we sent in my cuz stator www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGSsyRRiIDI you could prob facebook or twiter of his utube page.good vid if you never did a stator

F

fusion

I had the same problem with a '94 T-Cat. The first tip the stator was bad was the "always dim headlight" no matter how much you reved it. I had the same problem with fouling plugs and carb cleaning and fuel delivery. The sled was a nightmare. Dealer quoted me big bucks to replace stator and I sold it instead.