Studding a Renegade Down the middle... how many studs and which kind?

doo_crazy

Hi all... dont have my sled here, it's up north. I want to order the parts and need to know how many studs down the middle... I think its a 137 1.25" track and not sure how many bays it has... so not sure how many studs. looking at maybe two in each bay or other patterns that you all found worked well. Do I need to order tunnel protectors?

I am an average rider... gettin older... not lake racing... etc... just like em for the stopping and the punch, and hook out of the icy corners. Thanks for posting!!!

alwaysright

by 06 had a different pitch but was a 136 with a 2.52 pitch and had 54 bays for a total of 108 studs. 136/2.52=53.96 again, mine had 54 bays

If I think right you 137 is a 2.86 pitch??? if so, there should be 48 bays so standard 96 pattern should get the job done. 137/2.86=47.9 or 48 bays.

I've always like the woody's signiture series studs myself, stainless steel so they don't look like a rusty mess in a month. also if you have a 1.25 track or larger upgrade to the taller "big nuts" instead of the std that comes with the package.

Last edited:

Direct Attack

Hi all... dont have my sled here, it's up north. I want to order the parts and need to know how many studs down the middle... I think its a 137 1.25" track and not sure how many bays it has... so not sure how many studs. looking at maybe two in each bay or other patterns that you all found worked well. Do I need to order tunnel protectors?

I am an average rider... gettin older... not lake racing... etc... just like em for the stopping and the punch, and hook out of the icy corners. Thanks for posting!!!
The dealer is installing 96 picks on my new 137 track thats what they recommend.

vmaxal

I just put 144 Stud Boy 1.375 Power Point+ and Super Lite+ Backers on my '10. It is a mix of singles/doubles. The pattern was 4x2x4x2x4x2, the 4s were two doubles, the 2s were two singles. It is a pattern of 6 placements that repeated 8 times. Stud Boy has a template that tells you the measurement from the edge of the track to the edge of the backer you are using. I measured each individually and drilled them as I went, would be much faster with a template for marking and drilling constantly so the bit will stay hot.

Last edited:

mjkaliszak

Just throwing out there that if it is a single ply the woody's grand master or phantom studs are best. They have a bigger head & backer ( for singles ). Want big heads & backers for the 2.86 pitch, for the 2.52 pitch normal studs are recommended regardless of ply ( single vs dbl ).

I just stumbled onto something that is new by Woody's .... it's called the "Bender" plate. I have been waiting for this design to become available again, it's an angled backer that butts up against the track for support. These were originally designed by " Sabre Products " back in the mid 90's. The design fell by the wayside but I happened to keep mine. I even liked them so much that I have removed them from sled to sled and track to track.

Last edited:

renegade2011

i have a '11 renegade 1200 4 tec with the 137" single ply track and i would recommend the phantom studs. I did 96 down the center. This is the second sled ive had with a studded track and it is far more piece of mind riding with extra traction and/or stopping ability.