Suggested Stud Pattern on 1" Hacksaw track?

trailburner30

Wondering what is a good pick pattern to use for a 1" hacksaw track on a Polaris 600 IQ. I have always run 144 on previous sleds, but not sure if that is needed with the tread pattern on the new track. Do mostly aggressive trail riding.

What do you think?

srt20

I have 144 in my Hacksaw. All in the middle. I am very happy with it. I have a 700, not really much faster than a 600. My bro is putting 120 in his hacksaw with a 600 for this year. We ride hard on the trails.

zimmbob

trailburner - I have a Woody's stud pattern if you want it. I used it on my 06 Fusion. It gives you the patterns for just about anything you'd want. Middle only, Sides and Middle, just about any number of studs. It's nice to use. Makes sure you have even scratch lines and the right number of them. Slightly shifts the studs over so rather than just 4 scratch lines, you have 12. Better grip.

Let me know. If you are willing to pay for the shipping and maybe $5 to cover me, it's yours.

trailburner30

Thanks zimmbob, but I already have the template. I was just wondering what is a good choice for pattern and # of studs on that track. I don't want to over or under stud the track.

After reading the replies, I will start with 96 and move up to 120 or 144 if it feels like I need more hook up.

Thanks all!

psindust

I have a 09 Iq600 1" hacksaw
I have never had studs before, but I just bought extreme max platinum 1.15 trail pack comes with 96 studs and backers I ride somewhat aggessivly, don't know anything abut extreme max studs, nor do I about any other brand. My dealer said to go with 96 in a V pattern down the center belt. So I guess we'll see