Summer forecasts?

• Thread starter Deleted member 10829
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 10829

John,

Just curious when we can expect these to start so I can plan my golf days! :)

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Mark.

I was hoping to earlier, but the setup I use for internet is slowly going into life-support mode. I am slated to have a major upgrade done, but have to wait for the county to lift the road restrictions (yes, that major!). I was told by the end of the month the restrictions would come off and then they would be up to install the new line to our house within a week or two. So at the latest mid June. However, I am also trying to find ways to get my current setup to work better and am hoping for starting the summer forecasts next week or maybe June 2.

Sorry it has been a bit more delayed than usual this year, but they will resume!

-John

D

Deleted member 10829

I know the feeling, I could use better internet service too! I often think how much better my service could be if I just moved back to the Cities. I quickly forget about that as I would never move back!! :)

snocrazy

You have 4G cell service over there? A friend of mine lives in Superior and uses Verizon at his house.
He is really happy with the speeds and cost.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
You have 4G cell service over there? A friend of mine lives in Superior and uses Verizon at his house.
He is really happy with the speeds and cost.

I do and use AT&T (the only service currently on the tower). Speeds are good, but the mifi device has been acting up, shutting down all on its own. So I picked up a backup (same model) and it does the same thing. So I just got back from picking up a new wireless hotspot device and so far so good, but it is still early.

I finally got Charter to drop a cable to our house, but am waiting for the road weight restrictions to come off so the equipment can get in. Once that is done, then I will have speeds of 10x my wifi and most importantly... unlimited bandwith.

Hoping the latest wireless hotspot I picked up works and then I can get to updating the forecasts.

-John

L

lenny

John, I have Charter cable and my internet is super fast, could not be happier. I think you'll now become known as the "click mister"

D

Deleted member 10829

Summer forecasts are up! Sweet. I miss the blue, yellow and pink though. ;)

John

I am going to be back in WI for a few weeks late June/ early July. Can your high tech radars pick up mosquito swarms? Maybe do a mosquito swarm graphic? Just thinking of new ideas for the site lol.

Thanks for the summer forecasts.

HH

jd

Administrator
Staff member
John

I am going to be back in WI for a few weeks late June/ early July. Can your high tech radars pick up mosquito swarms? Maybe do a mosquito swarm graphic? Just thinking of new ideas for the site lol.

Thanks for the summer forecasts.

HH

Not sure about WI, but the Mosquito radar for the UP is showing all yellows and reds! The buggers are thick!

-John

mezz

Yeah, the reds are all those that are full of my blood! LOL!:eek: Holy crap they are BAD.-Mezz