Summer trip in SxS

gauman2

We will be in the Keweenaw area August of 2023. We wanted to rent SxS for the day and go out to High Rock Bay. There will be four of us. Should we rent a 4 seater or 2 seaters? How are the riding conditions in the area with all the rocks? Is it worth doing? Any suggestions or recommendations? We will be in Mini Coopers so driving a two track is not an option. Thanks!

IOWASLEDDER

Let me get this straight.....you wanna drive your mini coopers just to go out to High Rock Bay? If that's the case, you are nuts! You are nuts to even think about wanting to take your mini coopers off of a hard surface anyways. Especially in the Keweenaw. Save the trouble and your cars and rent a side by side. Rent a couple 2 seater side by sides and go have some fun.

gauman2

Let me get this straight.....you wanna drive your mini coopers just to go out to High Rock Bay? If that's the case, you are nuts! You are nuts to even think about wanting to take your mini coopers off of a hard surface anyways. Especially in the Keweenaw. Save the trouble and your cars and rent a side by side. Rent a couple 2 seater side by sides and go have some fun.
Please read OP again with glasses.
We wanted to rent SxS for the day and go out to High Rock Bay.
We will be in Mini Coopers so driving a two track is not an option.

mezz

I would rent 2 two seaters, it would be a little more fun IMO. As far as riding conditions, it's off roading, bumpy, dusty, rocky, sometimes muddy in spots, water crossing here & there, but it's all good. That is what it's all about, get at it and enjoy!

mrbb

I;'d suggest renting two 2 seaters, and my simple logic is, if anything happens , get stuck, break down, or?? and that can happen at anytime, , having the second machine will allow for faster help, not to mention, its way more comfortable to sit up front than in the back, plus you can see more up front

dwz

Two 2 seaters would be more fun, M&M in Hancock or Boondockers in Twin Lakes both have SxS and are great to deal with, my wife and I have done that trip twice, once from Greenland and once from Hancock.

mezz

Two 2 seaters would be more fun, M&M in Hancock or Boondockers in Twin Lakes both have SxS and are great to deal with, my wife and I have done that trip twice, once from Greenland and once from Hancock.
There is also Trailside Lodge on US 41 just outside of Calumet. Not sure if they have 2 seaters though....

tnehlsen

Hamilton's North Coast Adventures in Ontonagon, sleds, SxS.... Great place to rent from, good people, very accommodating.

Longlegs

Didn’t you see the movie ”The Italian Job” those things can go anywhere.

eao

There is also Trailside Lodge on US 41 just outside of Calumet. Not sure if they have 2 seaters though....
Yes the have CanAm 2 seat, 4 seat SxS, along with 1 and 2 up ATV's. You can ride right from the motel onto the trail and they know the trails in the Keweenaw like the back of their hand.