Super chip in a gas motor?

g_eich

Has anyone had any experience with these in gas motors? Have several friends who have them in diesels but what about them in a gas motor? Good or bad I want to hear it, thinking of getting one for our 5.4 v8 in the expedition. We do pull a 16' plus v nose trailer. Will it make any difference? Not that its hurting for power but the guys we travel with have diesels and keep pushing me. Just looking for a little bolt on boost. Thanks

zimmbob

I put one in my 2006 Chev 1500. Didn't do much of anything for me... milage was basically the same, didn't feel like i had any extra power. I took it out and sold it to someone else and got my money back. I have heard it does help on certain motors and trucks, but not mine. Do some searches on it first, and try to find someone that used one on the same motor/truck.

rcskidoo

It will make a difference in power. Gas mileage.... Eh not enough to write home about. Maybe a mile or 2 better per gallon if your lucky. However, if you want to get the power out of it you will need to use premium fuel. You can stick with 87 octane but if your looking for power you will need to use premium gas. Now if you want to get both power and mileage, go buy a diesel and put a Bully Dog or Diablo in it. You will get over 20 on the highway and roughly 13.5 pulling a 4 place 24' at 75 mph. That's in a diesel and I have had personel experience and seen it myself with my truck (2004 and 2008 Chevy 2500 with the duramax). I am a distributor of all three manufacturers and have had all three in my trucks. I just put the new Bully Dog GT gas tuner in a buddy's 2007 Chevy 1500 with the V8. It did give him enough power to put a big grin on his face. Thats my first experience with the GT gas so that might be another option for you. Along with the chip put an K&N intake on. Both of these should do the trick for you. If you have any more questions shoot me an email and I will be happy to answer them. If your in Michigan I can point you in the right direction for a good retailer. Hope this helps.