suspension set uo issues

yeffy

I need some help with the suspension set up on my 2003 600 Pantera. I have a couple issue that I think may me related but I am not sure. The first is that the sled is very tippy in the corners riding by my self I can transfer my wait to keep the skis on the ground but when riding two up that is very hard to do. I tried adding more preload to the front spring which seemed to help some. The second issue is under acceleration the front skies love to come off the snow. I suspect these two issues are directly related but I am not sure how to correct the problem, more preload on the rear of the track, shortening the limiter strap, less preload on the front of the track ???? Any advise would be appreciated

fredster

Shortening the front limiter strap will indeed help. It will put more pressure on the skis and not allow the front end to lighten as much when you accelerate. Depending on your weight and the second riders weight you may also need to increase the main or rear spring preload in order to keep the rear of the sled at the proper (higher) height) when riding two-up.