Sx viper heat shield hook up

Bobbyk1

I have a 2003 sx viper and I have a heat shield and want to hook it up on my sled don't know if there is a plug or what wires you need to use and do you need a fuse link thing on the positive wire please help thanks

Go Fast or Go Home

If your sled is electric start run the wires from the battery. Red (positive) and black (negative). If you fuse it--fuse it on the positive. Then snake the wire up and zip tie it where it is convenient for you..

blkhwkbob

If memory serves me correctly, you can use a blue wire with a white stripe in the handlebar wiring for the positive, and find a good ground on the frame for the negative. You have to splice into the blue/white.

Bobbyk1

Thanks for the info used the blue and white wire and grounded it to bolt off the handle bar or should I put the ground somewhere else?

Thanks for the info used the blue and white wire and grounded it to bolt off the handle bar or should I put the ground somewhere else?
If it were me, I would run another couple feet of wire and ground it to the frame somewhere. I run all my ground connections there and never have issues....well....no issues that are snowmobile related anyway. :cool: FYI, an additional GREAT source for questions of this type with Yamaha sleds is http://www.totallyamaha.com/