Team Kesslers in the Snowies 3/6

timner

Live update....Epic conditions right now. Been snowing non-stop for 2 days with another round tomorrow. The Rev's and M have been pinned all day w/ couple down hill stucks. Only pic on the phone is our 10ft tunnel into the cabin. More pics to come....
image.jpg

sledhead1125

I second that share some more pics. I have 2 buddies that just got there today and I am sitting here wishing I had more vacation time. fgsacts - As for riding in april, we went out there to ride in the middle of may last year and they were still clearing 5 feet off of the road as it has to be open by memorial weekend. We are headed there for the 4th of July and hoping we will be able to take the sleds!

blutooth

Some Pictures

When were driving out we were listening to the weather and watching it on the NOAA site. At some point the NOAA started calling for Thundersnow. At that point we knew we were in for a treat. Thundersnow in the mountains - come on, can you ask for anything more? Well the forecast lkived up to its billing and delivered more snow than expected every day of our trip. The video footage we have is just amazing! For now though, enjoy some of these pictures we took while taking a break...

Loading up the truck and trailer Friday morning. 5 guys in a crew cab Dodge was a little tight but not nearly as bad as I thought it would be. The sled deck worked fantastic, except that the covers on top ripped and I lost a gallon of Klotz all over the back of the truck. I believe it helped protect the trailer and truck from road salt.
1.jpg

We arrived in Laramie at mignight local time, had a quick drink in the bar and went to bed. The Laramie Ramada rivals the Hurley Inn, in both cleanliness and upkeep. We drove up early the next morning to a full parking lot at Greenrock and went out to ride. This was the lowest snow day, with only 10-15" of fresh on the backside. No pictures only tuning and riding. That night we stayed in the small cabins at Mountain Meadow Cabins. The next morning we woke up to this (can you find the M?):
2.jpg

And this:
3.jpg

For a Sunday, the hill was desolate and there were no people out. You could ride anywhere and find fields and hills of all untracked snow. Not many pictures but lots of video from that day as it was pretty windy but definitely one of the best days riding. This day ended with 4 out of 5 of us stuck on a hill with a couple downhill stucks in it. The hill was less than 200 yards from the trail...

The next day we rode with Cameron from 10 High Videos and 3C Guiding. We told him we wanted to find the fresh snow and some decent jumps. The snow was the easy part. Here is Timner pushing snow:
4.jpg

And Cameron came up behind him to help him out. There is an XP connected to the headlights:
5.jpg

Here is a pic of Cameron on one of the jumps he found for us:
6.jpg

And here is Snobinge hitting another one:
7.jpg

On the whole trip we only got about 3 hours of sun, so we took advantage of it. Here is what every meadow looked like after we were through with it:
8.jpg

Just walking to your sled became a problem and flatland stucks were happening often if you didn't stop just right. The Sun softened everything up and the snow was heavy. If you weren't pinned, you weren't moving.
9.jpg

This picture is after I went through a meadow. I think next timeI will try my name. There was no competition for the untouched.
10.jpg

And finally, here is a panorama of most of the group getting ready to ride some more (and a flatland stuck)!
11.jpg

It was by far the best trip out west we have ever been on, period. Lots of fresh snow, low traffic and good temperatures in the 20's the whole time.

As we start cutting through the videos we will put together something for them as well... Keep an eye on this thread.