Team Secondary Clutch

Snirtdawg

I have a Polaris 2006 fusion 600HO. Last year the threads on the hole that the tool threads into to opens the clutch sheaves became stripped. I used a tap to redress the threads and it worked for a while. The tool will not engage again. Should I tap it out to a larger diameter and make a new tool or attempt to use the current threads? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

phily

Helicoil

Buy a helicoil kit from any auto parts distributer. You will be able to use the original clutch tool and the threads will be stronger.

Phil

kraven700

I have a Polaris 2006 fusion 600HO. Last year the threads on the hole that the tool threads into to opens the clutch sheaves became stripped. I used a tap to redress the threads and it worked for a while. The tool will not engage again. Should I tap it out to a larger diameter and make a new tool or attempt to use the current threads? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

DIs-assemble the secondary, and you'll see that you can drill and tap another "new" hole in a different location, same distance from center.

1/4" coarse is the thread size, drill 3/16" and you're brand spankin' new again, there's 4 other pre-cast locations already there, just drill & tap. Once you look at the inside of the secondary, it's E-Z

Here's a link with pics
http://www.hardcoresledder.com/forums/312-xc/495954-team-clutch-mod.html

I'd stick with the 1/4", that way the original style tool still works

Last edited:

jccams

Shcs

Socket Head Cap Screw and then use a hex key (allen wrench) to thread it in and out, works fine. I only do it twice a year, beginning and end so it is not a big deal. I think the larger size is better, but you could have another boss drilled and tapped for the 1/4-20 that is stock if the tool is important.