Thanks John

Cat_man

John,

I live south of Mpls/St. Paul and have heard nothing but the local television meteorologists building up this storm. I realize that tracks change, but they had been talking about the punch this storm would have on the metro area since Sat. They were still talking 4-8” south of the cities as most recent as yesterday morning. Now I would be surprised to see 2” by the end of tomorrow.

I remember looking at your forecast graphic yesterday and you already had it nailed. It’s nice to be able to come to your website and get more of a realistic forecast instead of some on tv who seem to want the attention. Maybe it is a ploy to get more ratings for the network. Get viewers attention over the weekend and suck them in for ratings. Anyway, I appreciate your forecasts and honesty in the chances of snow/storms hitting. I like your % chance instead of saying “it’s guaranteed to hit”. Just really appreciate how you share your forecasts.

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for the kind words.

Mother Nature sure likes to make a mockery of the best intended forecast sometimes. I guess we'll see what she has up her sleeves for this one!

-John