The Epic Battle Continues - Travel Trailers and Mice

rev500

Well they out smarted me again this year and found another way in. This is definitely a battle of wills. Spent the night crawling around under the trailer putting the expanding foam where ever I could. I think I am going to put wire mesh on the underside of the entire trailer. Anyone have any other suggestions. Oh, also greased the gas pipe that they use to get up close to the underside where the fabric is they chew through.

anonomoose

Buy a 1/2 dozen traps....put a cup of field corn down and surround the corn with traps. As they come to investigate...which they always do, they smell the corn, and you get them before they decide to take up residence in your second home.

You will need to clean out the traps once in awhile but be sure to use string to stake the traps or they can carry them off if you don't get a killing catch. Mice usually look for a wintering place about the first of September and won't stop looking until the snow is down perm. After that you won't have much need.

starlaker

If you leave your camper plugged in you may want to make sure they are not running in up your cord and into your electrical hatch.