Things have changed a bit huh?

arctiva

Been 9 years since I’ve logged in and probably more like 20 years since been active. I still check forecast and read the journals once and awhile. But man this was the place back in the 2000’s.

For some reason I was thinking about the old “pol-cat” today and the old trail conditions website we used to use. And then thought man I got old LOL

goofy600

Yes some things have changed, with all kinds of social media platforms now not as much traffic on this one but still a good place. John added the barstool section for the kids that can’t control their emotions 🤣🤪 pretty much after covid and our last election. The JD community has lost a few good people in the last year also, but we all know life goes on.

mezz

Been 9 years since I’ve logged in and probably more like 20 years since been active. I still check forecast and read the journals once and awhile. But man this was the place back in the 2000’s.

For some reason I was thinking about the old “pol-cat” today and the old trail conditions website we used to use. And then thought man I got old LOL
IMO, the activity has turned down since the mid to late 2000's, when there were a lot of posts with pics of boondocking (legally done) & the brief stories shared on a given week-end of riding. This contributed a massive interest on line, but, sadly turned into an on line war about the aspect of boondocking specifically here in the Keweenaw. As a result, posting the adventures with the pictures ceased. Times have changed. In part, in order to preserve the sport & keep the site free of the constant arguments that were occurring. I do miss those days as well as the ability to look back at those posts & pictures of which unfortunately, you can't view for some reason in the guest shots gallery. Good times though, & many are saved in the memories, at least for now....LOL!

Last edited: