Things to see in U.P.

farmermark

Am coming up to the Keweenaw later this week and wondering if anyone has some must see areas. Primarily want to visit the Quincy Mine Museum and any other mining areas. I hear Lake of the Clouds is also a good place. Any other info would be greatly appreciated. Looking to go all the way to Copper Harbor.

Mark

T

Team Elkhorn

When my Wife and I go to Lake In The Clouds, we stop at the Presque Isle River Scenic Area first. (I think that's what its called). Its on the far west area of the Porcupine Mountain State Park. Its where the Presque River runs into Lake Superior. Its beautiful. The Wife and I spend hours there and the dogs get to splash around in the lake. We pack a basket lunch and spend most of the day in the Porcupine Mountains. Bottom pic is Lake In The Clouds.
Dave
View attachment 24789 View attachment 24790 View attachment 24792 View attachment 24788

We used Moons Travel Guide. It took you to little places you would never find and gave a little history lesson about the are. it was broke down by town so if you are in an area it talks about the attractions. We liked it