Three Lakes/Eage River

towtrk

How are the trails holding up in Three Lakes, Sugar Camp, Eagle River? Heading up later this week for some mid week riding in hopes of beating weekend traffic. Road crossings? Military Road trail? Thanks!

whitedust

Will have more detail Tuesday riding into 3 lakes from Kimball. Crossings are fine but I never ride road trails like Military always icy & lack lube so I stay off trails like that. There will be traffic during the week just the way it is this year so stay right in Twistys no nodding off. lol... Enjoy & don't wait now is the time to ride no problems that I know of or have seen in last week or so.

towtrk

Thanks for the updates guys! I appreciate the honest information. Whitedust, we leave from the Anvil Lake, Kentuck Lake area... Winter down here in Southeast Wisconsin has been depressing to say the least. The trails have not opened this year. I look forward to your report after your ride today. Thanks!

JimAndros

Left Conover about 9:15 this morning. We had about 1 1/2 inch fresh snow overnight & this morning. Trails were flat & hard with the fresh snow on top. Those Conover groomers are really good. Jumped on the lake & met up with Whitedust in Phelps. Took 6E, fresh snow dropped off to maybe 1/2 inch in Forest County. Trails were good all the way to Three Lakes. Blowing in open areas & on the lakes.
Followed the reverse course back. Hit some new snow falling near the Forest/Vilas line. The visibility was bad on North Twin, trails held up well all day. Conover was out grooming again as I returned.

whitedust

Jim & I rode the Kimball into 3 lakes from Phelps thru Alvin Nelma 6/10/11. It was snirty on south side of Rt 70 on 10 not sure why but was some logging in the area + met MR Logging truck with full load while going much too fast but did hit the pads & bring her down in time .....so logging sign does mean something in that area. Lots of blowing snow in open areas & lakes had a very heavy afternoon snow squall west of Nelma slowed us way down for 10 miles or so. My wife said it snowed on & off all day in Phelps but we saw lots of sun in 3 lakes area not sure if LES or what? Much more new snow in Phelps & extreme Northwest Forest county area at least 3" of loose stuff on top of hardpack ...3 lakes just didn't get much in comparison. Ride north of 3 lakes for better conditions..Anvil & Kentuck areas should have simular snow to Spectacle Lake & shared in the new stuff. Enjoy it while we have it.:)