Three Lakes/ Eagle River/Sayner/Land O Lakes/Forest County

daver33

My son and I put on about 350 miles on Friday and Saturday. The trails were good to excellent, some of the best early season riding i have observed in 20 years. We rode 13W out of three lakes and hooked up with 15N in Sugar Camp. Three Lakes trails are in excellent shape, Sugar Camp needed some attention after you cross hwy 17 but before then the Sugar Camp trails were excellent also. We continued 15N through St Germain and then hooked up with 7N and ended up at Stillwaters in Star Lake. I had not been there for a long time and did not realize they got rid of the gas pump. My son's sled was on fumes so we had to cross the lakes to get to the Sayner Mobile. I was a little nervous given the reports on the ice but then when i got to the lake it was like I-94 back and forth and there were a few fisherman on the lake, some with heavy equipment. Other than that crossing we stayed off the lakes. Once we gassed up we continued on 7N to 6E and then 13N and 6E again. It was very noticeable that the snow depth in the Land O Lakes area was much greater than down in Three Lakes. The Land O Lakes trails were in very good shape. We continued 6E and then hooked up with 10W and stopped at the CATCH 22 for dinner. Very good fish fry. On Saturday we stopped at the Sunset Grill for breakfast and then did the Nicolet Forest loop out of Three Lakes and then ventured East on 10 to 6E in Forest County. The trails were good starting out in Forest County but then became very bad when we crossed over into Florence County just before the Whitetail Inn. It appeared the trail had never been groomed. We then went 7S to 48 and stopped for a snack in Argonne. Trail 48 was in decent shape but with all the Saturday traffic it was starting to show moguls. We continued back to Three Lakes just in time to see the first football game. We capped the day off with dinner at the White Stag in Sugar Camp. All in All an excellent 2 days, Kudos to all the snowmobile clubs that work hard to keep these trails in great shape. Also, Kudos to all the local business, we try to eat out every meal and tip heavy so that the local business can stay in good economic health.

harvest1121

Just rode about 1000 miles in the last 4 days. Based out of Woodruff everything was great from Rhinelander Wisconsin to Mass City Michigan. Eagle river was decent but a Three Lakes and East was great today.

snobuilder

Not happy to hear about Florence co. lack of grooming. The NST trail from Forest Co line north to Tipler was bad on Sunday the 5th but I figured it was just from Sat. traffic.

Good to hear the rest of your trip was great.

Montezumasdaddy

We rode 6W from Florence to The Whitetail in Tipler and the trails were very good except for a small stretch through a swamp that hadn't been groomed. We then took 7S to Long Lake/F4 and that was a very rough stretch. As soon as we got on F4 we headed East to F5 and F2 and back in to Florence. Except for another ungroomed stretch through a swamp again and the short stretch we had to run trail 6 everything was beautiful. This was all between 3 and 9PM on Saturday. Had a nice ride.

My son and I put on about 350 miles on Friday and Saturday. The trails were good to excellent, some of the best early season riding i have observed in 20 years. We rode 13W out of three lakes and hooked up with 15N in Sugar Camp. Three Lakes trails are in excellent shape, Sugar Camp needed some attention after you cross hwy 17 but before then the Sugar Camp trails were excellent also. We continued 15N through St Germain and then hooked up with 7N and ended up at Stillwaters in Star Lake. I had not been there for a long time and did not realize they got rid of the gas pump. My son's sled was on fumes so we had to cross the lakes to get to the Sayner Mobile. I was a little nervous given the reports on the ice but then when i got to the lake it was like I-94 back and forth and there were a few fisherman on the lake, some with heavy equipment. Other than that crossing we stayed off the lakes. Once we gassed up we continued on 7N to 6E and then 13N and 6E again. It was very noticeable that the snow depth in the Land O Lakes area was much greater than down in Three Lakes. The Land O Lakes trails were in very good shape. We continued 6E and then hooked up with 10W and stopped at the CATCH 22 for dinner. Very good fish fry. On Saturday we stopped at the Sunset Grill for breakfast and then did the Nicolet Forest loop out of Three Lakes and then ventured East on 10 to 6E in Forest County. The trails were good starting out in Forest County but then became very bad when we crossed over into Florence County just before the Whitetail Inn. It appeared the trail had never been groomed. We then went 7S to 48 and stopped for a snack in Argonne. Trail 48 was in decent shape but with all the Saturday traffic it was starting to show moguls. We continued back to Three Lakes just in time to see the first football game. We capped the day off with dinner at the White Stag in Sugar Camp. All in All an excellent 2 days, Kudos to all the snowmobile clubs that work hard to keep these trails in great shape. Also, Kudos to all the local business, we try to eat out every meal and tip heavy so that the local business can stay in good economic health.

White Stag is the best!

1fujifilm

Not happy to hear about Florence co. lack of grooming. The NST trail from Forest Co line north to Tipler was bad on Sunday the 5th but I figured it was just from Sat. traffic.

Good to hear the rest of your trip was great.

I wonder if the groomer was down?
Today, drove up to Lakewood and passed a Swiderski Implement semi with a "new" looking blue New Holland in-tow.
I got a good look at the aluminum drive "spindles" as I passed, those things look expensive and fancy.
Rode around Lakewood, WI and all directions today and saw the same groomer already on the trail (unless they have twins).
Never hit a bad trail, only a bit of snirt at road crossings which will be covered soon.
Traffic was brisk with the Women of Snow in the area and trucks headed up north all over the place.
https://womenonsnow.org/
Went into Mulligans in Lakewood for lunch and every bar stool was taken by a Woman, a bit off to see. Looks like they were having fun.

Bear