Thursday's storm

L

lenny

Howdy John, the storm yesterday packed a serious punch! My building shook and the town took on lots of damage. What kinds of winds did we see from this storm? Any additional information would be greatly appreciated!

jd

Administrator
Staff member
Hi Lenny.

I have been out of town since right after the storm blew through, so I did not get a chance to look into things too much, but I did read where Twin Lakes had 90 mph straight line winds.

-John

mezz

I had the opportunity to be in that area, specifically the Pike Lake Rd. to do a property inspection. The devastation that I saw 1 week after the fact is amazing. Many large trees blown completely over, root system & all not to mention many snapped off at their half way points, all pointed to the South East. That wind had to be every bit of 90 +mph & obviously directly from the North West. If it weren't for the density of woodland, there would have been a lot more damage. I did not have the opportunity to get over to Emily Lake Park, however, by what I was able to see, I'm sure it was just as bad everywhere. Thankfully, no one was hurt.-Mezz

Bullitt69

I Looked at a property for sale near Sandy Lake, noticed it's been taken off the market (not sold although). A LOT of tall trees in that area. Yes, it's very fortunate there were no injuries, it could have turned out much different I imagine.