Tog ride on a Crossfire 800?

snoluver1

Take a look in my profile album. stock 1.5" and I was out-climbing a nytro mtx all day long. Also went anywhere and everywhere the M's did. Don't even hesitate!

polarisrider1

You will do fine. Lots of "Hero" snow this year out there. I have taken out to Tog. A Renegade 136 with 1.75 track and a Switchback with a 144x15x2 track both worked fine for the bulk of Tog. We did have a sabrecat in our group too! You will want to raise handle bars about 4"

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 097.jpg
    Picture 097.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 123.jpg
    Picture 123.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 40

hoffmansledder

As has been stated many times before on this forum. It's more the rider than the sled. Three of us went to the Snowy's a couple of weeks back. All three have renegades 2 with e-teks and 1 with an 800 R. Pretty much the same sleds but some got stuck waaaay more than others, I would mention who though. LOL!!!!

snoluver1

Thats what happens when you bend a set of rails so bad, you can't even tighten the track enough to get you out of the bush. Result = 30 mile tow out to the truck. Not fun, and ended my trip 2 day's short. Oh well, all part of the game-eh? lol.

snoluver1

By the way, word to the wise, If you like to jump your '09+ up X/f or M, do your self a favor and take the center boggie wheels out and through them in the garbage. Then add a shaft tieing the rails together the way they were pre - '09, before they decided to save three ounces by eliminating the shaft!!

cuzzinolaf

By the way, word to the wise, If you like to jump your '09+ up X/f or M, do your self a favor and take the center boggie wheels out and through them in the garbage. Then add a shaft tieing the rails together the way they were pre - '09, before they decided to save three ounces by eliminating the shaft!!

Can I buy one from a 2008 to put in my 2010?

snoluver1

Cuzz, all you have to do is order the one that is futher back in the rails. There like 15 bucks or so. Take the wheels off and the mounts and use the hardware to install the second shaft. Or you can buy the HCR stiffener kit for a buck 50! lol

Thats what happens when you bend a set of rails so bad, you can't even tighten the track enough to get you out of the bush. Result = 30 mile tow out to the truck. Not fun, and ended my trip 2 day's short. Oh well, all part of the game-eh? lol.

Dang! How big of jumps where you taking?! My 154" XPee needs the optional skid stiffeners I'm guess'n.

snoluver1

As much as I'd like to pretend it was a 100 ft jump that caused the damage, I'd be lyin if I said so. It was actually a very minor hit to the frozen bank of a wash-out that did the damage! The wheels just stick down to far below the hi-fax and if you catch em just right, you end up with pretzeled rails. I think they may have been tweeked and weakend also, because the punishment didn't really fit the crime.