Togwotee late riding?

T

Tracker

I see lots of snow in this area yet.
Can a person ride this area yet?

Yes if there's snow you can we always put the sleds in the truck or the trailer and went to the ranger station or wherever we can access the snow right down the road after unloading.... I haven't even left the sleds up in the snow overnight and returned in the morning to continue riding even farther and higher it's the best fun Google snowmobiling in July all kinds of films it's a lot of fun and hardly any Avalanche danger at all

T

Tracker

you won't hear anyone say anything because they don't want you riding in their area but if you go creep at backcountry rebels.com you will find out where they're riding currently

T

Tracker

Do you know the area are you familiar with the roads do you have a starting point or are you just winging... for instance off of Highway 287 is Turpin Meadows Ranch Road.... if you go north on that you run into Fire Road 30040... see that on the map?

Last edited:
T

Tracker

See the lights in the background that is the parking and staging area and ranger station you can park right there and leave from right there otherwise drive down the road and find a fire road back into there and unload you got to know where you're going now because no one will help you this time of year....This picture is from today May 18th I mean its at least 20 ft deep I would guess still you can see it on the side of the road and that shallow once you start climbing it gets really deep

20190518_230153.jpg

couple of us have been throwing the idea around?
I have ridden out of brooks,two oceans,lava mountain area.
I see that road on the map and we have ridden in that area also.
Wasn't sure if riding was allowed in that area this late in the year.
Be a great adventure this late in the year!!

- - - Updated - - -

We were thinking just staying in dubois and unloading up the hill?

T

Tracker

The one thing you got to make sure of is that you don't ride into the Wilderness Area that's off limits the snowboarders are there right now and they will turn you in in a second I Ride Auto Missoula and Idaho in that corner the Bitterroot mountains no one is there you will have no trouble and see no people but you can have no help either those places are more on the radar and many more people check to make sure you're not in an area that snowmobilers are not allowed in so I go even more remote so I don't have trouble

- - - Updated - - -

Read a couple of these it's called snowmobile poaching you will be arrested just don't cross the boundary and you're golden read some of these

http://www.tetonat.com/2010/04/12/togwotee-pass-wilderness-snowmobile-poachers/

- - - Updated - - -

If you're serious about doing this I've taken 15 to 20 guys out there and they all asked me this year if I could go again so I can get a trip together again let me know how many you got and if you want to do it

We would be taking our short tracks out.Figured this late in year we could get around pretty good?
Now to see how serious guys are?

T

Tracker

Well I don't know about all that because I can get a sled and a whole snowmobile outfit including boots hat helmet gloves etc and a room and bed for one night with full coverage on someone else's machine for damage control for like 325 to 400 a nite....cheap as all get out IMO... and I would add another hundred for meals or just go shopping at the grocery store and your good to go.... plus the more nights you stay the cheaper I can get the rate for so I've done both ways but now I just do this way don't bring my machines anymore

- - - Updated - - -

I usually spend the extra Jack and pay the guy the juice money and in return I get Arctic Cat M8, 1 thousands and hcr's and I don't look back

- - - Updated - - -

Last time I asked him if I could try a brandy new 1000cc.... so he went into town and brought back 4 brandy new machines with one tenth of a mile and said break them in for me really good Johnny.... so I did and it was fabulous

- - - Updated - - -

So if you're serious how many guys would be in your group 5 or 15 I have 15 to 20 already

- - - Updated - - -

If we got two groups of 20 then I will probably set this up with Carter and he can take out half of you and I can take out the other half or whatever