Togwotee Pass: Jan 2014

skiroule

Snoluver1 gave me authorization to post some pics of the recent WY trip (a decision he’ll probably come to regret).

We were hoping for some fresh snow by the time we got there but that didn’t happen. The trade-off was that it made for some spectacular scenery under bright blue skies. Over the course of the trip, our guide Kent did a good job at finding enough snow and variety to give everyone their riding of choice. Plus, a good snowfall came later in the week and softened things up a lot.

Great trip and a great group of guys!

Credits to Adam and Todd for some of the shots.

Tog_16_zps758f676e.jpg

Big Country
IMG_0045_zps9466ac8b.jpg

IMG_0020_zpsff0840aa.jpg

Tog_4_zps0f51837b.jpg

Tog_7_zps39e11387.jpg

Post Happy Hour - Do we look happy?
Post_Happy_Hour_zps4df031c4.jpg

20140129_124200_zps53baa0f1.jpg

Sorry Todd, Couldn't Resist
Tog_6_zps5021e3d4.jpg

Tog_2_zps6a9f02a8.jpg

If you see these two, well, it's just not your day. A little overexposed, makes my hair look gray
IMG_0039_zps56d5e126.jpg

20140130_113123_zps756d7252.jpg

skiroule

Thanks! Kent was the coolest guy! Right from the get-go I liked him. Of course, he is from Minnesota.

D

Deleted member 10829

Looks like you had a great time! Nice pic's.

snoluver1

Great pics Kelly! Couldn't have picked em better my self! Great group of guys is right!

Happy to report I got about 40 miles on the Cat today with no issues! Running like a top and ready to pound it hard in March!!!

snoluver1

I'd like to add a big A+ for Kent also. I don't think you could get a more diverse group of guys together if you tried. Kent did a fantastic job of getting each one of us into what we were looking for. No easy task, by any means, especially with the conditions he had to work with. I'm confident no one left there disappointed, and that is definitely a testament to the skill of the guide service!

skiroule

Happy to report I got about 40 miles on the Cat today with no issues! Running like a top and ready to pound it hard in March!!!

Excellent! Maybe I can make it up over the pass, say hello, and maybe have a cold one when you’re up at TML.

Kent did a fantastic job of getting each one of us into what we were looking for. No easy task, by any means, especially with the conditions he had to work with.

Personally, I feel better that you said "the conditions he had to work with" rather than "considering who he had to work with", although in either case I would agree with the fantastic job comment.

snoluver1

Heck Kelly, I can only pray that I could still hang like you can at 65. Talk about impressive!

A cold one is in order, indeed!

skiroule

Funny thing is I’m still working at learning things that will make me a better rider. Either I’m a really slow learner or a late bloomer. I do learn things from chasing you guys around.

I keep whipping out that AARP card at my sled dealer but so far no discounts there, although I get a killer deal at Cracker Barrel if I eat before 5:00.