Togwotee Riding

Midnight Rider

Heading out to Jackson hole on Jan. 7th for a week and a half. We are planning on doing some trail riding and some off trail stuffs. I'm mainly looking for people suggestions of things to see or places to go to.

Also I have narrowed our rental company selections to Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals and Jackson Hole snowmobile Tour Rentals. Anyone have a "yay" or "nay" for either place?

polarisrider1

Heading out to Jackson hole on Jan. 7th for a week and a half. We are planning on doing some trail riding and some off trail stuffs. I'm mainly looking for people suggestions of things to see or places to go to.

Also I have narrowed our rental company selections to Jackson Hole Adventure Rentals and Jackson Hole snowmobile Tour Rentals. Anyone have a "yay" or "nay" for either place?

Thats about both rental places in Jackson hole. Is there even 1 more? to choose from. Anyways if you are into the touristy thing they will work fine. Jackson is not a cheap place to stay and you will have to travel 45min. to an hr. north to get to the good stuff. Why not stay at Togwotee lodge. everything is there. the guides are true guides who run the area every day. Or if you already have reservations in Jackson rent from Togwotee and get a premo guide. What ever route you go make sure you are heard on the type of riding you plan so you get the right guide. You don't want me in your group if you plan on trail riding and so forth. I can't stress this enough. Nothing wrong with picture taking but be in the right group. Remember days are shorter in the winter. If you start at the action as to drive an hr. each way to it & back that means a lot. Do trailside lunches. Key is to be out in the bush not in a car or lodge.

Midnight Rider

Staying at my buddies condo in Teton Village at the ski mountain. We are going out to ski and ride, and combine them with some back country skiing accessed by sled.

We are planning a day of leisurely trail riding with our girls and then 2 or more days of powder riding.

We know the areas very well, I am just looking more for trail stops, since we have not ridden the trails out there ever.

I hear ya about being in the right group when going guided, I'd rather only stop when the sleds need a drink, not every 5 miles for a picture break. The talk now is going guided one day through Togwotee Lodge.

polarisrider1

Staying at my buddies condo in Teton Village at the ski mountain. We are going out to ski and ride, and combine them with some back country skiing accessed by sled.

We are planning a day of leisurely trail riding with our girls and then 2 or more days of powder riding.

We know the areas very well, I am just looking more for trail stops, since we have not ridden the trails out there ever.

I hear ya about being in the right group when going guided, I'd rather only stop when the sleds need a drink, not every 5 miles for a picture break. The talk now is going guided one day through Togwotee Lodge.

If you want bonus points with the girls. trail ride the CD trail to X trail to Brookes lake for lunch and then XA to CD to V to CD back to Tog. Nice loop usually see a moose or 2 on V trail. For off trail I like ............... can't give you that sorry buddy!