Togwotee - The First Five Days

skiroule

This is good. Well Done! I see you were collecting a little firewood. Noon campfire?

Pretty funny - we were staying at the Pinnacle Property log cabin right across the road from the appt. We had to park in your lot and sled up to the cabin because they couldn’t get the road open for vehicles. We may have seen some of you guys and maybe even talked to some of your group. What are the odds?

Crazy snow – without a doubt the best riding I’ve ever experienced. It’s going to be tough to beat.

cooksend

You must have been in the A-Frame? The snow was so amaizing the first few days then we had to dig a bit deeper to find the good stuff. Yesterday (day 10) we took off after a tip from a friend and found freshies all day! I guess you could say "Stupid Deep". Too bad we didn't know you were there!

I think my new nickname after this trip is "TWIG".

skiroule

The nickname fits.

We were actually staying at the log cabin on the same road as the A-Frame but a little further up. Very nice place and more than enough room our group. It’s enormous.

We had maybe one guy (not me) that could keep up with you guys but maybe someday more of us will be riding closer to that level.

Did you guys ever take the old trail from the road to get to CD? I think it is listed as PB on the map. It looked like it had been groomed part way off CD but then sort of dead-ended in the creek bottom (although I think the markers were still there for the old route).

Trees do have a way of getting even

Last edited:

cooksend

I hear you snoduke. I will plant a few this summer as a payback!

We did run out the PB to the CD and both ways on the CD. We covered lots of ground in 10 straight days riding. Always found fresh snow and consider ourselves lucky. It was a tough to find the PB as it was not marked to the highway and nobody had gone that way.