Togwotee

dantmeyers

Hey John,

I know you and your group were out in the Togwotee area. What was the route taken? I know you flew out but your buddies trailered. We'll be leaving from the Twin cities area. Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

A

admin

Well, I drove with the sleds on the semi last year and the route we took was shorter and good roads to drive on. If you look at it on a map it looks like the roads might not be the easiest to drive on, but they ended up being quite easy. So don't let this route scare you with the amount of single lane in each direction highway driving.

From MSP we traveled to Mankato on 169, then took 60 to I-90 at Worthington. Took I-90 through SD and just before you get to Rapid City took 79 south to Hot Springs and then took 18 west into Wyoming and down to Lusk. Stayed on 18/20 to I-25 and took that to Casper. Then picked up 20/26 and took that west towards Riverton. We did not drop down into Riverton, but took the little by-pass on 134. Then took 26/287 up to Dubois and Togwotee.

This was the route that the gang took back this trip and they shaved nearly an hour off their trip there which was more interstate, but longer in distance.

Hope this helps.

-John