Tomahawk WI area Info

revbuilder

I am looking at houses in the Tomahawk Area, I am just wondering about general area information I will keep sleds and quads and tools in the garage so how is crime in this area will they stay safe? Thanks for any info

arcticgeorge

My sister moved there about 8 years ago from Spring Grove Il and they love it. My Grandparents have a place on the lake Harrison hills and there cabin has never been broken into, garage is loaded with sleds and a wheeler. Most people around there have guns so i think breaking and entering is rare. Like any town it has it's share of theft and other troubles but overall your stuff should be safe. I guess the local high school has had searches and found minor drugs. Nothing really surprising. Check the Tomahawk Leader for local news...Where are you in N IL?

jr37

We had a place on Lake Nokomis for 8 years. It was boke into 1 time. Must have been kids, because not much was stolen except for the beer and booze, and they stayed and partied for a while. Put dead bolts on after that.

revbuilder

Thanks for the replies, I live just south of Rockford, we are looking at a few houses near Lake Nokomis, will be a weekend house and a house to enjoy sled trails and quads and probably get a boat in a few years, I was just wondering what other people had to say because of course realtor will tell you what you want to here to make a sale. Guns I have a few of those--- ;)

arcticgeorge

Thats where my sister and brother in law live right by lake nokomis off CC. And Revbuilder check Craigslist lotsa homes on there.