TRACK LUG SIZE U RIDE AROUND U.P.

wideopenlemans

John do u ride the same track on ur sled as u do in the mountains? Was wanting to know.I like to ride trail to the off trail. 2.25 too big? with scratchers.
well in ur case john both sleds what size!

snowfan470

2.25 is huge for any trail ridin! I'll let john answer this one...but if u like to ride a mix 50/50..i'd suggest something like 1.75

wideopenlemans

I know snowfan470 they dont get that much snow in iowa! but u forget is the u.p. my freind rides 2.25 track triple yam. 760 kit! hes rode with us. trail 20% 80% smiles. watchin everybody drive on trails.

S

skylar

I am almost positive that both of John's sleds, the 700 144, and his 800 159 are 2" lugs.

My 07 RMK600 155" has 2.4" lugs. I have right around 2,640 miles on mine so far, I have to ride the trails to get to the good stuff too, no missing lugs or anything, yet. LOL.

cuzzinolaf

I ride a 153" 2 1/4" lug and am OK if there is any fluff on the trails. When it is hardpacked I gotta drop the ice scratchers and keep ducking off to the sides to prevent my hyfax from burning up.

snowfan470

lol Yeah, Iowa snow does suck. Altho we have 1 ft on the ground now and the ditches out in the fields a mile or so NW of here are prolly drifted with waist high snow. I wanted my parents to come out so we could go ridin...but apparently something went wrong with the transmission in my dad's car. But neways, lol, i wasn't sayin that you can't ride with 2.25 in lugs on the trails, i was just sayin that it'd prolly be better to have around 1.75 if you ride 50% trail, 50% offtrail. If u do somethin like 75% offtrail and 25% trail, then 2-2.25 inches or so would do u better.
happy.gif
And obviously, if your in the mountains....then get the 2.25.

You don't see the crossover sleds coming with 2-2.25 in lugs...they usually come with 1.75...